Monday, May 2, 2011

Let justice roll on like a river.


Call me un-american if you'd like, say that I speak evil. But, I will stand firm in the fact that no murder should ever be glorified or celebrated. We hated when people in the middle east celebrated the events of 9/11 and given that fact, I hate America's response to Bin Laden's murder. I've spent an afternoon reasoning this point with a pastor and Church body. I will not push my point in my own words any longer. Rather give all the evidence and opinions that i have collected this day to you my friends to decide for yourself whom you will serve in this matter. God, or country. 


Part of me thinks that Pamela from Huffington Post read my opinions on facebook while she was writing this article. I've yet to read anything all day that mirror's my thought's so precisely. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pamela-gerloff/the-psychology-of-revenge_b_856184.html?ref=fb&src=sp



The official statement of the Vatican- "Osama bin Laden, as we all know, bore the most serious responsibility for spreading divisions and hatred among populations, causing the deaths of innumerable people, and manipulating religions for this purpose.


In the face of a man’s death, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibilities of each person before God and before men, and hopes and works so that every event may be the occasion for the further growth of peace and not of hatred." 


My good friend and worship mentor Tim Kaiser's most recent blog post, http://www.timothykaiser.blogspot.com/




Yet another great insight-http://www.facebook.com/notes/jimmy-spencer-jr/whose-death-does-god-cheer/10150183264977528

At the end of this day, searching my heart, the scriptures, and the opinions of my brothers and sisters in Christ, and in humanity I have my stance. I serve a Kingdom and it's King that is far greater than any nation. I will not oppress my soul with self satisfying celebration, at the expense of another human beings life, no matter how evil. I am thankful that some though not all people, understand that peace is a possibility in this situation. And, not only a possibility but the right way. 


Proverbs 24:17-18 "Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice,or the LORD will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from him."


Do with all of this as you please.


Dear friends I pray that we all continue to seek wisdom and truth in this matter, bringing glory to the LORD as this is our purpose in life.


Hallelujah what a savior that loves and leads in a way the promotes peace and wisdom.


Spread the love,


Ethan Pierce. 

2 comments:

  1. Good Post, sums up how I've been thinking all day. My dad and I were literally just talking about this.

    Like you said, he was only a man. A figurehead for a greater organization. I can say with confidence that I do not hate Osama, nor do I rejoice in his death.

    I wish America's response to his death was instead a message of peace - sadness that this man could commit such terrible crimes against humanity, and sadness that we had to silence him. Not gladness for success in revenge.

    I wonder what would happen if the day of September 11th, we, as a nation, responded to Al Queda with "We forgive you", mourned the death of those killed, and then just went about our business and made sure it didn't happen again. What would their response be, if we just turned the other cheek instead of retaliation? I often wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good words. I like the approach of reading many perspectives and taking what feels true to heart. Oh that we all would think through important matters with such concern.

    ReplyDelete